Monday, April 26, 2010

What works better on scars, olive oil or Mederma?




Or both?


I have cuts on my arms from self harm, and I know that I can%26#039;t get into the Air Force if I have any history of Depression. I need to get in, it%26#039;s been my dream for so long!





Can you help me decide which would work better? Or if I should use both?|||Your pathetic.|||Mederma should work.





No scar can ever be completely removed and treatments will always leave a trace, but a number of approaches have been tried with silicon gel sheeting and steroid injections having the most widely accepted role in general scar treatment.





Treatments for Scars:





In historical sequence, corticosteroid therapy by injection into the scars was introduced in the 1960s.





The use of lasers on scars is a new form of treatment that is still being improved.





Vascular lasers have been proven to greatly reduce the redness of most scars 6-10 weeks after the initial treatment. They have not been proven effective in flattening scars however. It has been theorized that removing layers of skin with a carbon dioxide or erbium laser may help flatten scars.[citation needed]





Several cosmetic lasers have been FDA approved for the treatment of acne scars by using laser resurfacing techniques.





Here is info about how to stop cutting too:





Generating alternative behaviours that the sufferer can engage in instead of self-injury, and shaping the use of such behaviours, is one successful behavioural method that is employed to avoid self-harm.Techniques, aimed at keeping busy, may include journaling, taking a walk, participating in sports or exercise or being around friends when the sufferer has the urge to harm themselves.The removal of objects used for self-injury from easy reach is also helpful for resisting self-injurious urges.The provision of a card that allows sufferers to make emergency contact with counselling services should the urge to self-harm arise may also help prevent the act of self-injury. Alternative and safer methods of self-harm that do not lead to permanent damage, for example the snapping of a rubber band on the wrist, may also help calm the urge to self-harm.





My husband is a recruiter in the army. He would take you. You just have to havea good story for your scars. He%26#039;s in WA. $40,000 signing bonus. Be straight up with your recruiter, they will try to help you get in. Contact me if you want him to sign you up. I think he can do it if you come here to WA.





|||Vitamin e oil works best, go to your local drug store its usually in the pharmacy section or ask the pharmacist put it on the scars a few times a day and the scars will fade drastically iv been using it on the piercing holes that i have recently taken out and yu can barley tell that i ever had facial piercings before.|||Well if you%26#039;re willing to buy something...Vitamin E Oil works soooo well.


I had the worst scar on my stomach and it helped a lot over a 3 week period. But if i had to chose between the two, olive oil. ( it might even have vitamin e in it)|||Magnolia cream.. its available at health food stores... if you can%26#039;t find it, ask staff to special order it for you... The major distributor %26quot;Tree of Life%26quot;: should have it for special order......magnolia cream is also good for stretch marks and acne.|||I had a deep scar on my left knee as a chunk of skin was ripped off - I used aloe vera - from the plant - and my scar isn%26#039;t noticeable at all.|||Vitamin E oil is great for scarring and really inexpensive. |||


Alpha Hydrox.








It works.|||Get prescription. Go to the doctor and talk to them so it really goes away!|||well i think bio-oil works.My sister used it when she had her triplets and there like GONE and it works for scars too|||I%26#039;d use cocoa butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment