Saturday, December 26, 2009

How long does self harm scars take to fade?

I used to self harm. Its been one year since I%26#039;ve stopped, but I am left with ALOT of deep scars on my arms and legs. And I know most people will say %26quot;it varies from one person to another%26quot;, but that isnt the answer I%26#039;m looking for. I was wondering how long does it take a deep scar to naturally fade, or be completely faded? *Experiences shared would help alot*





Also, I heard about Bio-Oil. Does it really work, especially on old scars (one year old scars)? Thanks for the answers!!!|||Hello Love,





i am 28 years old and was a self injurer (cutter) from the time i was 13 up until last year.





i had some very dark red raised scars on my arms that faded after about a year.





i did not use any creams or ointments. they will fade on their own...it just takes time.





as they say, time heals all wounds.





hope this helped.|||It doesn%26#039;t matter if a scar is self-inflicted, the result of an accident or an attack. A scar is a scar. I have mine since I was 2y.o. It doesn%26#039;t fade. It never will. But you may be lucky and your scars might heal.


I have serious doubts about oils and other ointments. But you can consult a cosmetologist that smooth scars with lasers or a cosmetic surgeon.


Good luck.|||most self harm scars, if they haven%26#039;t done anything, or barely anything in a year will never fade. Some people are left with them for the rest of their lives. If they do start fading, it will take around 4-5 years.





and bio-oil does work, but only sometimes. its worth a try! also ask your doctor what he/she recommends to get rid of them.|||I have the same problems. I tried Bio-Oil but it did nothing for me. I also have deep scars on my thighs mainly. It%26#039;s been about 5 years and they are still very bad and haven%26#039;t faded much at all. I%26#039;ve used every cream or product made and nothing works. You just have to learn to accept they may never go away. :(|||I%26#039;ve got just minor cut scars from over a decade ago. Some scars are for life man.

No comments:

Post a Comment